The Municipal Chief Executive for Asunafo North, Hon. Yaw Osei Boahen has denied reports that the Ahafo Region has recorded a COVID-19 case.
Hon. Yaw Osei Boahen, in an interview with BA TV News on Thursday said that, a 20-year-old man resident in Obuasi in the Ashanti Region was tested for during a routine surveillance but the results was not release before he travelled to Derman in the Tano South Municipality.
He noted that, later when the results were release the young tested positive to COVID-19 is currently receiving treatment at the Techimantia Polyclinic.
Hon. Boahen also disclosed that contact tracing has begun, 28 persons have so far have had their samples taken for testing.
He therefore noted that news in a section of the media should be ignored.
Ghana’s novel coronavirus cases have risen to 5,530 with recoveries also rising to 674.
The Municipal Chief Executive (MCE) for Tano South, Mr Collins Offinam Takyi confirmed that, the newly created Ahafo Region has recorded it first case of the novel coronavirus.
He said “it is very unfortunate for a new region with low infrastructure deficit recorded a deadly case like this”.
The DCE disclosed this to BATV News during COVID -19 Update show.
“Yes, Ahafo region has recorded a case at Derma but the victim is not from the region, a student and came from Obuasi in the Ashante region” he stated.
“All that those contacted with the victim have been quarantined waiting for necessary steps to take ahead”.
Source: BA TV