The ruling New Patriotic Party(NPP) Parliamentary primaries held on Saturday, June, 20, 2020 saw many sitting Members of Parliament being defeated.
This will mean that the MP will cease going to the law-making house(Parliament) from January 7, 2021.
While some of the losing Members of Parliament are Ministers, others are Committee Chairpersons in Parliament.
Below is a list of some of the losing Legislators.
1.Dr. Kojo Appiah Kubi- Atwima Kwanwoma
2. Seth Acheampong- Mpraeso
3. Eric Kwakye Daffour- Nkawkaw
4. Collins Owusu Amankwah- Manhyia North
5. Daniel Okyem Aboagye- Bantama
6. Ahmed Arthur- Okaikoi South
7. Ama Sey- Akwatia
8. Albert Quarm- Manso Nkwanta
9. Nana Akua Afiriyie- Ablekuma North
10. Mark Asibey Yeboah-
11. Vincent Odotei- La Dadekotopon
12. Anthony Effah-
Ben Abdallah- Ofginso South
13. Kofi Adda- Navrongo Central
14. Abraham Odoom- Twifo Attimokwa
15. Opare Ansah- Suhum
16. William Quaitoo- Akim Oda
17. Alex Agyekum- Mpohor
18. Ahaji Habib Saad- Ngleshie Amanfrom
19. Kofi Braku- Tema Central