The Electoral Commission (EC) has cleared 12 presidential candidates to contest the December 7, 2020 election.
The EC Chairperson, Mrs Jean Meansa announced this at a media brief at the EC headquarters in Accra on Monday.
She said the technical team carefully scrutinised the Forms submitted to ensure that Aspirants satisfied the qualifications as set out in the law such as age requirements, fulfilment of tax obligations among others etc.
She said the Commission was happy to note that for the first time in our nation’s history, three (3) women put themselves up for nomination for the position of Presidential Candidate. This is a testament to the growth of our democratic space, she added.
To the aspiring Presidential Candidates who did not make the process she said their filing fees of One Hundred Thousand Ghana Cedis (GHC100,000) will be refunded to them.
The qualified candidates are:
- Alfred Kwame Asiedu Walker, Independent Candidate
- Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo (New Patriotic Party)
- Christian Kwabena Andrews (Ghana Union Movement)
- Brigitte Akosua Dzogbenuku (Progressive Peoples Party)
- John Dramani Mahama (National Democratic Congress)
- Akua Donkor (Ghana Freedom Party)
- Nana Konadu Agyeman Rawlings (National Democratic Party)
- Hassan Ayariga (All People’s Congress)
- Ivor Kobina Greenstreet (Convention People’s Party)
- Henry Herbert Lartey (Great Consolidated People’s Party)
- Percival Kofi Akpaloo (Liberal Party Ghana)
- David Asibi Ayindenaba Apasera. (People’s National Congress)
The disqualified candidates are:
- Kofi Koranteng (Independent Candidate)
- Mauvrich Kofi Gane (Independent Candidate)
- Akwasi Addai Odike (United Progressive Party)
- Kwasi Busumbru (People’s Action Party)
- Nana Agyenim Boateng (United Front Party)