Alcohol is not good for the body and so too much of it is very harmful to the body. Below are some harmful effects of excessive consumption of alcohol in the body.
1. Too much of alcohol can cause memory loss in the brain.
2. Too much of alcohol can weaken the heart and this can affect the flow of oxygen in the body which is very harmful. It can also lead to an increase in triglyceride level in the blood which can cause heart disease and diabetes.
3. Too much of alcohol is very harmful to the liver. The liver helps to break down alcohol and remove your blood so, too much of alcohol can weaken the liver and can also lead to a build up of fat in the liver which can then result to liver failure and type 2 diabetes.
4. Too much of alcohol can also weaken the pancreas and lead to health complications.
5. Too much alcohol weakens the immune system and this can make it difficult for the body to fight germs in the system and this can lead to great harm in the body.
6. Too much of alcohol can increase the risk of chronic liver inflammation and liver disease.
7. Too much alcohol can lead to a high sugar level because the alcohol has destroyed some organs like pancreas which helps to regulate the level of sugar in the body.